Every small business owner needs a website to reach customers and build their brand. However, a 2013 study from Yodle found that 52% of small business owners still don’t have one. Many of these business owners are starting to recognize the importance of websites and are designing them on their own. While DIY web design can be a great option, you will need to make sure that it is done properly.
Why You Need a Professional Design for Your Business Website
While every small business needs a website, it is important to make sure the website is professionally designed. Customers will become very irritated if your site doesn’t have the functionality they expect or has a poor layout. Here are some things that you need to be aware of:
- 94% of people claim that a poor design is one of the main reasons that they don’t trust certain websites
- 90% of people feel that a good user experience is extremely important
- 40% of consumers will leave a website that takes longer than three seconds to load
These statistics clearly show that a good website design is necessary to improve your brand and conduct business over the Internet. Whether you are hiring a professional or handling the design on your own, you will need to make sure that the site is crisp and professional.
Tips for a Professional DIY Design
You will need to keep a number of things in mind while building a website. Here are some tips to follow:
- Think like one of your visitors. What will they do when they find your site? Is it is easy to navigate? Providing a website that meets their needs will make it much easier for them to interact with your brand.
- Make your information as comprehensive as possible. You will want to make sure that your contact information and other relevant material is easy to access.
- Research more about free and low-cost tools. There are a number of free plugins on WordPress that can significantly improve the user experience and make it easier to convert visitors into customers. You should also research the tools listed on this page, which can also enhance the functionality of your site.
There are a number of things that you can do to create an exceptional website. Your online presence is extremely important, so make sure that you put the necessary effort into designing your site!