You must have heard enough about California, which is known as the sunshine land, moving stars, and surfing. However, all these are just a tip of an iceberg about this wondrous land as well as huge. If you are considering moving to California, then you will have to dig a little deeper.
To transport a car to California, it will be better to hire the services of Ship a Car, Inc. as they can deliver superior shipping services to people while relocating their vehicles to any distant places.
First of all, let us share a few important data about California so that you can be a little more familiar with your new state before you relocate there.
- In the year 1847, California was included within the US territory
- In the year 1850, California became the 31st state of the USA.
- In the year 2012, California was ranked as the ninth-largest economy in the world.
- Today, California is considered the third-largest state of U.S. states.
- California is growing 3.3 million tons of wine grapes each year and which is about 90% of the wine produced in the USA.
Besides the above, you must also know the following information about California:
- California is quite big and spread out
California is spread around 163,696 square miles area where you can find mountains, beaches, and deserts. So while moving to California, you must know to which part of California are you moving to.
- You will always need a car
Since it is so large an area and hence to commute to different places you will need your car.
- Plenty of economic opportunities
California is a land of opportunities and is the 4th largest economy in the world high above the UK, Russia, and India.
- The cost of living is quite high
Naturally being a prosperous state, the cost of living over here is much higher than in other states.
- California is diverse
About 40% are of Latino origin, and besides that, you can find people from all ethnicity of the world in California.
- Great weather
California is mostly dry with sunny weather. In some parts, it is cloudy and makes great weather.
- Magnificent outdoors
The people here are very lovely and also you will find many national parks located in this state. There are 9 recognized national parks.
- Plenty of beaches
After moving to California, you will come across close to 655 miles of coastal areas having a beautiful place for surfing, sunbathing, snorkeling, and enjoying the sunset.
- Plenty of educational institutions
California is known as an educational hub of the country and people from all parts of the world come here for higher education.
- Great foods
If you are a foodie, then in California there will be foods for health freaks, vegetarians, midnight snackers, fast-food enthusiasts, and everyone who loves a good eat.
- State taxes are the highest
As compared to other states, the taxes are pretty high and it varies from place to place.
- Few risks too
California was in news for wildfires. Often there were droughts too. On a few occasions, there were earthquakes and landslides too.