Summer is the perfect time to hit the open road and explore all Maryland offers. Ensure you have a valid driver’s license. There are different types of licenses; the requirements vary for each, including the process for getting one.
The mva glen burnie md office is responsible for issuing and renewing driver’s licenses, identification cards, and vehicle registration in Maryland. According to the reports, as of March 2015, there were 5,720,417 licensed drivers in Maryland. Of these drivers, 3,046,933 were male, and 2,673,484 were female. The average age of a Maryland driver is 39 years old. There are also 814,764 vehicles registered in Maryland. The most popular type of vehicle at the mva glen burnie md is the passenger car, which comprises 50.8% of all registered vehicles. The pick-up truck is the second most popular type of vehicle, consisting of 18.4% of all registered vehicles.
How to obtain a driver’s license in Maryland
- Complete a driver’s education course approved by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA).
- Obtain a learner’s permit by passing a vision test, written knowledge test, and road sign recognition test at an MVA office or authorized third-party provider.
- With your learner’s permit, practice supervised driving for at least a few months. You must log hours of daytime and nighttime routine, with those hours being nighttime driving.
- Schedule and pass a skills test with an MVA examiner or authorized third-party provider. The skills test consists of a vehicle safety inspection and an on-road driving test.
How to renew your driver’s license in Maryland
To renew your driver’s license in Maryland, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Visit a Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) office in person. You may need assistance to renew your license online or by mail.
- Bring your current driver’s license and any required documents.
- Complete the application for a renewal, which includes providing information such as your name, address, and Social Security number. You will also need to have your photograph taken at this time.
- Pay the renewal fee of $50 by cash, check, or credit card. If you renew your license after it has expired for more than one year, the fee is $100.
- Once your application is processed and you have paid the appropriate fee, you will be issued a new driver’s license valid for eight years.
How to replace your driver’s license in Maryland
If you’ve lost your driver’s license, you’ll need to replace it before you can hit the road again. The process is simple: head to your local Motor Vehicle Administration office with some identification and fills out a form.
But before you go, there are a few things you should know.
You’ll need to submit an Application for a Replacement License/Permit/ID Card (form #DL-031). This form asks for basic information like your name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number. You can find the form online or pick one up at your local MVA office.
Once you have all the required documents, head to your local MVA office and wait in line. When you turn at the counter, hand over your documents and application form and pay the $20 fee for a replacement license, you should receive your new license within ten business days.
Driving is a great way to explore the state and see its benefits. Plus, with a license in hand, you’ll be able to take advantage of all the great driving discounts.